As we are all aware, we are experiencing an unprecedented situation across the country with the outbreak of Coronavirus. Of course, the situation is developing rapidly so we will issue an update if we need to revise our position.
Having considered the nature of our work we are happy to keep converting your garage as long as we take precautionary measures. We are removed from your main home area and therefore we are able to keep a safe distance. The measures we intend to take with immediate effect are:
- We will home isolate any staff who show any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who shows symptoms in line with all government guidelines – no-one will work if they have had any contact with even a suspected case.
- Our staff will access your garage without entering your home and will not go within 2m of anyone. Where necessary we can use telephone, photos, FaceTime etc to discuss the project in depth either at quote stage or during the project. Where appropriate we can discuss things on site but we will maintain the recommended 2m distance.
- We will wipe all door handles with alcohol wipes before and after using them.
- If the staff need access to the WC they will wash their hands before and after and wipe any door handles and surfaces they touch with alcohol wipes. They will call to let you know if they need to use the facilities to ensure the correct distance is kept. If you have any vulnerable persons in the house or you don’t feel comfortable having anyone in your main home then we can ask the staff to find local public facilities to use. Please do not hesitate to ask us if that’s what you would prefer, it really is no problem at all.
- We will ensure all staff are hand washing frequently and wipe down the surfaces they have been working on with alcohol wipes before they leave at the end of the day.
- Whilst our guys absolutely love a cup of tea brought to them during the day, in this period we have asked them to politely decline any food or drinks so we reduce the cross contamination risk to both parties. They’ll bring their own drinks and food so we should reduce your teabag bill!
- We ask that if you have had any exposure or symptoms you let us know as soon as possible.
We are taking a sensible and careful approach but we currently see no need to stop your project proceeding. Be assured, we take the safety and health of staff, customers and families seriously, hence implementing the measures above. However, in the meantime, it’s business as usual with slightly more distance and less tea making!
If you have any queries or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact us. If you require any further measures in place to make you feel more comfortable then do let us know, we are more than happy to accommodate you.