In these unprecedented times we are adapting our business regularly as the situation unfolds. At all times our first priority is the safety of our staff and customers.
Current government guidelines suggest that the construction industry can resume within careful social distancing parameters. We are guided by government advice, the medical profession’s views and the personal needs of our staff and customers. At present we are still not undertaking site work but we envisage restarting in June when we can be assured that our supply chain is fully operational and everyone can keep themselves and their families safe.
We are, however, able to discuss new projects and are happy to take any enquiries regarding a project you may have in mind. Rest assured we will be open for business as usual as soon as we can.
For a construction firm we have been categorised as low risk as we can observe strict social distancing policies whilst working. When we do return, we will work with caution but the nature of what we do means we are not in your main home, we can largely keep our staff working alone (each trade comes in a day at a time) and we can conduct all meetings with you via your chosen technology. We have also issued all staff with appropriate PPE including gloves and facemasks. When we return to site we anticipate keeping in place the following measures until we are able to resume ‘normal life’.
- We will home isolate any staff who show any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who shows symptoms in line with all government guidelines – no-one will work if they have had any contact with a case or suspected case.
- Our staff will access your garage without entering your home and will not go within 2m of anyone. Where necessary we can use telephone, photos, FaceTime etc to discuss the project in depth either at quote stage or during the project. Where appropriate we can discuss things on site but we will maintain the recommended 2m distance.
- We will wipe all door handles with alcohol wipes before and after using them.
- The staff will not use customer’s WCs while working on the job.
- We will ensure all staff are wearing gloves where possible and where this is not possible they are hand washing frequently and wipe down the surfaces they have been working on with alcohol wipes before they leave at the end of the day.
- Whilst our guys absolutely love a cup of tea brought to them during the day, in this period we have asked them to politely decline any food or drinks so we reduce the cross contamination risk to both parties. They’ll bring their own drinks and food so we should reduce your teabag bill!
- We ask that if you have had any exposure or symptoms you let us know as soon as possible.
While we are waiting for the situation to pass, please keep safe, keep talking to us (we are manning the office 9-5 every day including weekends) and thank you to our wonderful NHS, carers and key workers.