Here are our top 5 reasons to convert your garage. There’s plenty more of course and we’re always happy to discuss your project further and answer any questions you may have. See our FAQ page for more details.
- The footprint is already there. You don’t have to take up precious garden space, consult the neighbours or go through planning permission (usually). You already have the floorspace and this saves plenty of time, money and energy.
- It will more than pay for itself. On average, a garage conversion adds far more value than it costs. According to Real Homes a garage conversion could add up to 20% of the value of your home. Not only do you get to enjoy all the extra space but you can significantly increase the value of your home.
- It will look seamless. The layout already exists so we’re not trying to tag something on or find a way for an extension to look unobtrusive. With the right contractor you will never know there was a garage there. We tooth out the bricks (remove every other one so there’s no ‘seam’), match them perfectly and custom build your window to match too. Therefore the house looks as though it was always built that way.
- You can be flexible. If you still need some utility space, or want a bit of storage at the back you can split the garage into more than one room. Many people opt for a living area at the front with a new window but keep a little room at the back for their old garage storage.
- You won’t lose any natural light, in fact most people gain some. With an extension you usually have to lose a window or two to accommodate the new space. A garage conversion uses the existing space but we usually put in a full size window across the front, opening up your home to more, not less, natural light.